1) Regarding the Materials which are subject to copyright, either the copyright is owned by the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("the Government") or the rights to use are licensed to the Government by the respective copyright owners of the Materials ("the licensors").
Rights and Responsibilities of User
4) For the avoidance of doubt, the permission in paragraph 3 above does not extend to the copyright of the materials on any third party websites linked from the MMIS. Permission has to be obtained as required in the third party websites for the use of such content and materials separately. For use of electronic databases, please pay attention to the copyright related matters and the additional restrictions in the Copyright Guide on Using Electronic Databases contained in this page.
5) You must not alter, recompile, transmit, rent, resell, re-stream or modify any Materials from the MMIS, or create derivative works based on Materials from the MMIS.
6) You are reminded that you will be held fully responsible for any legal consequences arising from any infringement of copyright.
7) Whilst the Government acting through the Leisure and Cultural Services Department endeavours to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the content of the MMIS website, no express or implied warranty is given as to the accuracy and reliability of the information provided. The Government accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from access to or use of all or any part of the content of this website.
8) The Government reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend or discontinue the MMIS or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that the Government shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the MMIS.
10) Hong Kong Public Libraries is committed to ensuring that this website conforms to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA requirements to the maximum extent possible. However, as this website contains considerable multimedia contents, it is not possible to incorporate all Level AA accessibility requirements in all of them. For enquiries, please visit webpage of Hong Kong Public Libraries – Contact Us.
Electronic Databases - Copyright Guidelines
Before starting a search, users are reminded to pay attention to the following copyright related matters and the additional restrictions on use, copying, downloading or distribution, as well as other terms and conditions that are set forth by individual online database providers. These terms and conditions are generally at the first page of each database.
11) In compliance with the permissible limits of the Copyright Ordinance of Hong Kong (Laws of Hong Kong, Chapter 528), users may display, download or print limited copies of citations, abstracts, full-text or portions from electronic databases solely for the purposes of research or private study.
12) Under no circumstances should the databases or any of the content therein be redistributed to another person or be used, duplicated or altered for commercial purpose.
13) The entire content of the databases is protected by copyright of the database providers or the publishers. User should not remove, cancel or alter any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Content.
14) Users are reminded that they will be held fully responsible for any legal consequences arising from copyright infringement.
15) Permission to use our subscribed electronic resources is at discretion of the librarian.