With the launch of the Hong Kong Public Libraries new Multimedia Service on 21 August 2013, registered users can enjoy 24 hours online booking service and reserve the workstation 7 days in advance through the internet or mobile device.
Readers may reserve online bookings or multimedia contents within 7 days (inclusive of the date of use). Users must complete the online booking procedures 15 minutes before the booking start time.
- Maximum total number of workstation or content booking is two sessions daily. Each session of workstation booking can be 1 hour or 2 hours.
- Maximum total duration of workstation or content booking is 4 hours daily with different limits below:
- To book workstation or multimedia content for use in branch libraries, maximum duration is 2 hours daily per library.
- To book workstation or multimedia content for use in Hong Kong Central Library, maximum duration is 4 hours daily. For content booking, the maximum duration per session is 3 hours daily.
Readers can view, delete or modify their personal booking records by login to "VIEW BOOKING" under "BOOKING" in the menu bar at the homepage.
The following booking records "CANNOT" be deleted through the Internet:
- All claimed booking records;
- All unclaimed and overdue booking records; and
- All unclaimed booking records within 15 minutes before the booking session starts or within 10 minutes after it begins.
You need to claim your booking within 15 minutes before it starts or within 10 minutes after it begins.
Login one of the workstations within your chosen workstation group as Library Card Holder. You need to input your Library Account and Password to complete the claim booking procedures.